Saturday, September 8, 2012

170. Roquefort Quiche


I like Blue Cheese. Roquefort cheese is one of the classics.
So when I came across this Julia Child recipe for Roquefort Quiche, I couldn't not make it.
The pastry is from her book too, and I have to say it is among the best I have tasted.
I paired this quiche with an apple-pecan salad, invented as I went along.
Hunger is the best cook, after all!




Ingredients:

For the pastry:
1 cup flour
100g butter
1/2 tsp salt
1/8 tsp sugar
up to 1/4 cup iced water

For the filling:
100 g Roquefort cheese
150 g cream cheese
1/4 cup whipping cream
3/4 cup milk
3 eggs
salt and pepper
pinch chili pepper
1/4 cup chopped parsley or chives





Method:

Preheat oven to 400°F.
Blend all the pastry ingredients in a food processor except for the water.
Add the water in a drizzle as the machine is on.
Be careful because maybe the pastry will be perfect with just under a quarter cup water.
Roll out the pastry and line a tart tin.
Poke with fork, weigh down with dried beans, and bake for 10 minutes.
Remove beans and set aside.

Increase oven to 420°F.
Mix all the filling ingredients together using a whisker.
Pour in the crust, return to oven for another 30 to 40 minutes until puffed and golden.

Let stand 5 minutes before serving.




 صحة و عافية

No comments: