Monday, October 22, 2012

214. Oatmeal M&M's Cookies


Sometimes I feel like I post recipes in reverse.
For instance, I have this great recipe for oatmeal cookies that I haven't posted yet.
And here I am posting another different recipe for oatmeal M&M's cookies, which I ought to post after the original recipe.
But all in good time. I made it, I liked it, I shared it.

These chewy little nugget cookies are a creation of Gaby, and make it very difficult to stop at just one.
***Please note that it has been brought to my attention much later after I made anything with m&m's in this blog that m&m's has clearly stated it does not cater for halal not kosher lifestyles. Please oft for smarties for the halal option.


Ingredients:

1 cup butter, softened
1 1/2 cup brown sugar
2 large eggs
2 tsp vanilla
2 cups flour
1 tsp baking soda
1/2 tsp salt
1/2 tsp baking powder
1 3/4 cups  oats
2 cups M&M's




Method:

Pre-heat oven to 350F.
In a large mixer, combine the softened butter and brown sugar with a paddle attachment for 2 minutes.
Add the eggs one at a time, followed by the vanilla extract.
Add the flour, baking soda, salt and baking powder and slowly combine, making sure not to over-mix the batter.
Add the oats and M&M's and combine.
Refrigerate batter for 1 hour.
Using a 1 inch scoop, scoop 12 cookies onto parchment lined or non-stick baking sheet.
Transfer sheets into oven and bake for 10-12 minutes until the cookies just slightly turn a golden brown color on the edges but are still soft and chewy in the middle.
Remove from oven, transfer to cooling rack.
Repeat process for remaining dough.


 صحة و عافية

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

very nice, but i would suggest using smarties other than m&ms.. as it turned out they had some haram coloures especially the red ones, u can do more reseach on the matter of course,.
nice blog, keep up the wonderful job.

Maryam said...

Thank you so much for bringing this to light! Jazak Allah khair.