Tuesday, December 24, 2013

533. Elegant Beetroot-Carrot Salad, Revisited


A very nice commentator kindly took the time to thank me for the elegant beetroot salad I posted almost 500 posts ago.
Going back to the post, I realize I may not have done this salad justice. The photos were not that inspiring, although the salad itself is nothing short of fantastic. And it would be: it's my mother's.
So here is take two, in hopes of redeeming my new-blogger first attempt.
The salad consists of boiled beetroot, topped with freshly grated carrots, a combo of fresh herbs, and a tahini-yogurt dressing. The fresh pomegranate arils are optional and are my personal addition, but I find they really ump the presentation and textural flavor. For presentation, I sprinkle the pom seeds after dressing the salad.


Ingredients:

3 large boiled beetroot, refrigerated overnight
3 carrots
2 green onion, sliced
1/2 cup chopped parsley or coriander
1/4 cup pomegranate seeds, optional

For the dressing:
2 Tbsp tahini
6 Tbsp yogurt
2 lemons, juice
1 1/2 tsp salt
olive oil, optional


Method:

Slice the peeled beetroot into semi-circles. Arrange in a single layer on the serving plate.
Peel the carrots and grate roughly, arrange on top of the beetroot slices.
Chop the onion and parsley; sprinkle on the carrot layer.
To make the dressing, whisk the tahini, yogurt, lemon juice, and salt well.
Dress the salad. Sprinkle with pomegranate seeds.
If using olive oil, drizzle lightly.


 صحة و عافية

4 comments:

ss910 said...

Love it! It looks sooo pretty with the pomegranate seeds, definitely will add those next time!

Maryam said...

Yes, the pomegranate seeds really make this dish prettier. Thanks for inspiring me to photograph it again :)

ss910 said...

Guess what, I'm making this again. My husband requested it. He just came home with fresh beets, lol! Will be part of our iftar tonight.

Maryam said...

May it be consumed with full health!