Tuesday, July 23, 2013

423. Roasted Cabbage Wedges


I have seen, on several instances, floating around the web the phenomenon of roasted cabbage wedges or roasted cabbage steaks.
A lone head of cabbage, and a simple creative way to use it, urged me to try this idea. Roasting the cabbage completely transformed the vegetable beyond anything I could have imagined.
I think it was the infamous cabbage soup diet, and Charlie Buckets' starving family's diluted soup (in Charlie and the Chocolate Factory) that made me irk away from it.
Now, for no other reason than I like it, I make this roasted cabbage to accompany almost anything, or even just by its lonesome.

Ingredients:

cabbage head
olive oil
salt
pepper


Method:

Make as much or as little as you want.
Preheat oven to 425F.
Cut each cabbage half into four wedges, then each wedge in half.
This will give 8 wedges per cabbage half.
Place the wedges on their sides on a non-stick baking sheet (or parchment/foil-lined).
Drizzle as generously or as scantily as you wish with olive oil, and sprinkle with salt and pepper.
Roast for approximately 45 minutes to 1 hour.
Serve hot or warm.


صحة و عافية

No comments: