Sunday, December 8, 2013

521. Roast Parsley Potato Halves


Have you ever pressed flowers in a book, forgotten about it, and were so pleased when you found it accidentally again? This recipe reminds me of pressed flowers.

Every time I think I have the perfect potato repertoire, I find another perfect potato recipe.
When I came across this recipe on Smitten Kitchen, I felt like I knew this all along, but I just didn't know I knew it. So simple, so easy, so beautiful, so delicious. A delightful crunch on the outside, amazing fluffiness on the inside, plus the incredible Nature's art on the outside.
You really don't need a recipe for this. Cut potato in half, put salt and parsley, roast in buttered pan until golden and cooked through. Done.
I see no reason to stop at parsley. Sage and dill seem like very plausible options as well.

Ingredients:

3 potatoes
2 Tbsp butter
salt
parsley leaves


Method:

Preheat oven to 400F.
Put butter in a rimmed baking pan and put in the oven to melt; remove when melted.
Scrub and dry whole unpeeled potatoes.
Cut each potato longitudinally in half.
Press one or two parsley leaves on the cut side of the potato.
Salt generously.
Put the potatoes cut-side down in the buttered pan.
Bake for 1 hour.
If the bottom gets too brown, simply turn over and continue baking.
Serve immediately.


صحة و عافية

No comments: