Thursday, June 27, 2013

406. Shrimp, Peach, Haloomi, Avocado Salad: To Go


In all honesty, I was distracted while making this salad.

All I knew was that it was my turn to make salad to-go for tomorrow, and I hadn't planned ahead.
Some rummaging in the fridge, I found some Haloomi cheese and an avocado.
I cubed them, but they were not enough alone. What to do? I go rummage in the fridge again, and I see I've got some spicy grilled shrimp. Great! Add these in. (You could also use steamed or boiled shrimp.)
I was feeling enthused, and regretted not photographing the ingredients and steps.
Peaches! I love peaches in a savory salad! Some onions would have also been great, but maybe another time for an at-home salad.
And hence the creation of this ridiculous-sounding but surprisingly delicious salad (and its uncreative name).


Ingredients: serves two

150g Haloomi cheese
1 ripe avocado
12-16 pc cooked shrimp
2 peaches
1/2 lemon, juice
1/4 tsp salt
3 Tbsp olive oil


Method:

Cube the Haloomi cheese; peel and cube the avocado, cut each shrimp in half or thirds, pit the peach and cube as well.
Layer the salad, dividing among two containers, starting with the haloomi at the base, followed by the avocado and shrimps, and ending with the peach.
Lightly whisk together the lemon juice, salt, and olive oil.
Drizzle over the salads, dividing evenly.
Store in the refrigerator until ready to consume.



 صحة و عافية


No comments: