Thursday, August 1, 2013

430. Cappuccino Muffins


I have been wanting a recipe for a literal coffee cake for the longest time.
Coffee and chocolate, or mocha, is beyond description for me. I love it and I crave it.

I came across this recipe for cappuccino muffins on Nisa Homey's Cooking is Easy, and making it was easily the best decision of the day. I have made it as the recipe suggests, as muffins with the wonderful surprise of chocolate chips inside. I have also made it as a small sheet cake without chocolate chips, and frosted instead with nutella. Out of the two forms, I choose both forms!
It really is a nice and simple recipe that will be made again and again.


Ingredients:

2 tsp, instant coffee (Nescafe)
1/2 cup warm milk
1/2 cup melted butter
1 egg
1 tsp vanilla
1 cup flour
1/2 cup sugar
1 1/2 tsp baking powder
1/4 tsp salt
1/2 tsp cinnamon (optional)
1 cup chocolate chips

Method:

Preheat oven to 380F.
Warm 1/2 cup milk, dissolve 2 tsp of instant coffee powder and mix well.
Melt 1/2 cup butter or margarine, add 1/2 cup sugar and mix well.
Whisk in the egg, vanilla essence, and coffee-milk mixture.
In a separate bowl whisk together 1 cup flour, 1 1/2 tsp baking powder, 1/2 tsp salt, and cinnamon powder (if using).
Whisk the dry into the wet mixture.
Stir in 1 cup chocolate chips and mix well again.
Grease or line your muffin tins with paper liners.
Fill the muffin cups 2/3 full with batter. Bake in a preheated oven for 20 to 25 min.
Cool completely.


صحة و عافية

No comments: