Tuesday, March 18, 2014

592. Warm Salami Cheese Poppy Sandwiches


I cannot describe how delicious these sandwiches were.

I made them, took one for myself, tasted it, and immediately send the rest to the neighbor's kids to polish off, so I would have no way of eating a second or a third.
The combination of the warmth of the sandwich, softness of the bread, sweetness of the onion, and crunch of the poppy was a stellar one.
This is also great to make ahead of time and bake just before needed.
Any type of processed meat and melty cheese would work; I just used what I had.
The crispy fried onions I bought on a whim from IKEA made this sandwich extra good.


Ingredients:

2 Tbsp crispy fried onions or dried onion flakes
1 Tbsp mustard
1 Tbsp poppy seeds
75g (6 Tbsp) melted butter
9-12 mini burger buns
200g salami
150g thinly sliced cheese


Method:

Preheat oven to 325F.
Mix together the mustard, poppy seeds, and melted butter.
Cut the mini burger buns in hald and arrange the bottom halves in an oven-proof dish so they fit snugly.
Layer the salami over the bottom buns, then top with a layer of the cheese.
Sprinkle the onion over the cheese, and top with the bun caps.
Drizzle the butter mixture over the whole thing, cover the dish in foil, and bake for 20 minutes.
Use a sharp knife to separate into sandwiches and serve hot.



صحة و عافية

No comments: