Thursday, July 2, 2020

1412. Beetroot Quinoa Salad


I admit there came a time regardless of the wonderful salad recipes I have on MCW, I found myself in a salad rut. No salad would excite me, and I am the kind of person who finds it burdensome to eat something just because it is "good for you". It needs to be deliciously good. Then came this beetroot quinoa salad and reignited my love of salads all over again.
It is simplicity at its best, really. The main ingredients are right there in the title: beets and quinoa. Flavor is added in the forms of fresh coriander and a small bit of chopped raw onion. Typical of an Arabian salad, the dressing is simply salt, pepper, lemon juice, and olive oil.



Ingredients:

1 1/2 cups quinoa, uncooked
3 medium beetroot, boiled
1 small onion, fine dice
1 bunch coriander, chopped
1 1/2 lemons, juice
1/3 to 1/2 cup olive oil
salt and pepper




Method:

Cook quinoa, fluff with a fork and set aside to cool.
Peel and chop beets into medium cubes.
Combine the cooled quinoa (slightly warm is fine), cubed beets, finely diced onion, and chopped coriander in a salad bowl.
Add the lemon juice, season with salt and pepper, and drizzle in the olive oil.
Toss the salad and serve.

صحة و عافية

No comments: