Monday, September 26, 2022

1694. Fried Liver


Liver used to be something I strictly avoided. Of late, it has become a delicacy I enjoy, provided I don't think too hard on what it is. This liver recipe is as simple as it gets: coated in flour and fried. 
The liver is however soaked briefly in milk, which apparently removes any bitterness from it.



Ingredients:

liver, cubed or sliced
milk, enough to cover
seasoned flour, to coat
oil, to fry


Method:

Soak beef liver in milk for about 10 minutes. Coat both sides with seasoned flour. Fry until each side is golden brown. Top it off with sautéed onions and enjoy.

صحة و عافية

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

I was advised by an Iraqi to eat this when my iron was low. It really helped me feel better! It has so many benefits I didn’t know about :)

Maryam said...

As a kid, bbq liver was a staple in our family get togethers, and I loved it. As an adult, I still need to get past my mental visualization to enjoy it proper. Liver is definitely an underrated superfood. I tend to palate chicken liver paté much more easily, if you're interested you can find the recipe in the index.

Anonymous said...

Very nice. Here in Houston I was able to find a bbq liver iraqi food truck. It is so delicious. I’m pretty sure it’s lamb liver.