Wednesday, May 13, 2020

1390. Chicken Green Chili Sambusak


I came across these little parcels of joy by complete happenstance. I almost didn't want to try them but also did not want to hurt feelings, so I took one to be polite. My, were they phenomenal! I was immediately asking for the recipe, for which I got a guideline instead. On with the recipe testing, and here we are; a perfect recreation.
To be honest, the recipe is so simple that I would see how it is more of a non-recipe for the person who gave it to me. Coarsely ground chicken is sauteed with chopped onion and seeded green chili, flavored simply with salt and pepper. That's it. Now having said that, a couple of notes. Coarsely ground chicken is key here. Too fine, and you will end up with a dry crumb that doesn't sit well on the palate. Freshly ground black pepper changes everything. And lastly, you can leave the seeds of the green chili in, but be sure you can handle the heat.



Ingredients:

450g chicken breast, coarse ground
1 onion, fine chop
1 or 2 large green chili, deseeded and chopped finely
1 tsp salt
1/2 tsp pepper
Sambusak pastry
oil, to fry




Method:

In a tablespoon of oil, saute the chopped onion and chili over med-high heat until translucent. Add the coarsely ground chicken, salt, and pepper and saute until cooked through.
Set aside to fully cool before shaping the sambusak.
When fully cooled, use the sambusak pastry to fill and shape into triangular parcels. Freeze for future use of fry in hot oil to consume immediately.

صحة و عافية

No comments: