Sunday, February 2, 2014

562. Iraqi Kit Kat Slice


I have been making this dessert for years but I never knew what its called.

I would name it chocolate slice, or refrigerator cake, or choco-biscuit bars.
Amber, an MCW reader, sent me an email requesting I post a recipe for Iraqi Kit Kat.
I was intrigued as I never heard of this, and asked her to describe it to me.
It turned out to be this, and I've got to say, I love the name!
It's a very forgiving recipe really. Chocolate and marshmallows make the binding foundation of this dessert.
For the filling, you can keep it simple with only tea biscuits, or add a single or variety of nuts, and/or add some dried fruit, like raisins, apricots, or glacé cherries.


Ingredients:

200g white marshmallows
1 Tbsp water
7 Tbsp (90g) butter
300g chocolate
125g tea biscuits
1/2 cup pecans
1/2 cup hazelnuts


Method:

Line a loaf pan with plastic wrap.
In a bowl, coarsely break the tea biscuits and add the nuts. Set aside.
In a pot, melt the butter with the tablespoon of water and the marshmallows.
Add 200 grams of broken chocolate to the marshmallow mix and stir until melted.
Add the biscuit and nuts to the chocolate mix and stir to combine the lot.
Topple the mix into the lined loaf tin and press gently to even the surface.
Refrigerate for an hour.
Melt the remaining 100 grams of chocolate and pour over the surface of the "cake" to form a thin chocolate layer. Refrigerate for another hour.
To serve, slice the kit kat bar into half centimeter slices.


صحة و عافية

1 comment:

Unknown said...

It looks just like Queen Elizabeth's favorite cake, the Chocolate Biscuit Cake. And it looks delicious.