Monday, February 24, 2014

577. Sumac Egg Pita


Developing on my already-invented invention of pita pizzas, I decided to go a step further and bake eggs on the bread. Already done, as google gladly showed me, but this is an Arabized version, inspired by something similar I saw online.

I used Iraqi tannur bread. Any plain thin-ish disc of bread would do: Mexican tortilla bread, Indian naan, Lebanese or Greek pita.. My favorite amongst those listed would have to be the naan, as it's textured similar to Iraqi tannur bread.
I was very tempted to add some form of cheese to this, but restrained myself as I served it with a bowl of lebna and olives.


Ingredients:

flat disc of bread
olive oil
eggs
sprinkle sumac
sprinkle nigella seeds
sprinkle salt


Method:

Preheat oven to 450F and set shelf to upper third of the oven.
Drizzle surface of the disc of bread with olive oil.
Crack eggs onto bread (number of eggs depend on size of bread).
Sprinkle with sumac and nigella seeds and salt.
Bake in preheated oven for 15 minutes, and broil for a minute if needed.
Consume warm.


 صحة و عافية

No comments: