Wednesday, February 26, 2014

579. Zaatar Haloomi Pita Pizza


I thought the minted three cheese pita pizza was my favorite until I made this beauty!

Granted, I love zaatar and just cannot get enough of it, nevertheless it was fantastical.
Zaatar and haloomi cheese (زعتر و جبن حلوم) were a match meant to be.
The quantities listed below was what I used for one Iraqi tannur bread (خبز تنور), which is ver similar in texture to an Indian naan, just bigger.


Ingredients:

1 tannur or naan bread
3 Tbsp heaped zaatar
4 Tbsp olive oil
1/3 block haloomi cheese (80g)


Method:

Preheat oven to 450F.
Mix the zaatar with the olive oil and spread over the bread.
Slice haloomi thinly and arrange over the zaatar.
Bake for 10-15 minutes and consume hot or warm.


صحة و عافية

2 comments:

zahraa said...

Salaam Maryam!
Mouth watering...just need tea!!!
Xo
Zahraa

Maryam said...

Wa Salaam Zahraa!
It's my new favorite way to eat zaatar now; tea is spot on!