Sunday, February 23, 2014

576. Arabic Minted Three Cheese Pita


I thought I was onto a million-dollar idea when I came up with this almost-instant cheese pie one hungry morning.
Sadly, like everything else I naively think I've invented, I eventually discover that it's been invented before, thereby nullifying my invention.
In this case, this invention (piling ingredients on a baked disc of bread and baking it for a few minutes) has already been done and widespread to epic proportions. You can just google "pita pizza" and see for yourself.
I used Iraqi tannur bread. Any plain thin-ish disc of bread would do: Mexican tortilla bread, Indian naan, Lebanese or Greek pita... My favorite amongst those listed would have to be the naan, as it's textured similar to Iraqi tannur bread. I also used a variety of cheese, go ahead and use any mix you like. Adding the thin slices of tomato and a sprinkling of dry mint made these near-instant pie/tart/pizzas extra special in the morning. Made extra? Just refrigerate and re-heat whenever. I cut my disc into quarters and I'm good for four breakfasts (or two breakfasts and two tea-times in between).


Ingredients:

flat disc of bread
slices cheddar cheese
slices haloomi cheese
slices mozzarella cheese
thin tomato slices
dry mint, crushed


Method:

Preheat oven to 450F and set shelf to upper third of the oven.
Distribute the cheese slices over the surface of the bread disc.
Top with the thinly-sliced tomato and a sprinkling of dried crushed mint.
Bake for 10-15 minutes, finishing off with a minute of broiling for color.
Cut into quarters and consume warm with an optional istikan of mint tea.


صحة و عافية

No comments: