Thursday, September 3, 2020

1440. Bran Flakes (2 Ingredients)


Home made cereal was never something I thought I'd one day make but such is the unpredictable nature of life. Seeing the success, it is an unpredictability I relished after experiencing its success. What makes it all the more so enjoyable, it is made from two wholesome ingredients and fit the bill of health and flavor combined.
Now, needless to say, I enjoyed this because I am partial to the flavor bran imparts on my taste buds. I love bran bread, muffins, cake, cereal.. you name it. I also happen to love apple compote. My definition of an apple compote is peeled apples stewed in some water until soft and pureed. I have a recipe on MCW you can check it out. If you have an abundance of pear, you could apply the same method to pears. This skyrockets the fiber content, but also naturally sweetens the final product.


Ingredients:

1 1/2 cups bran
1 1/2 cups apple compote



Method:

Preheat oven to 325F.
In a large bowl, combine the bran and applesauce until homogeneous.
Line a large baking sheet with parchment paper and spread the mixture over it. Top with another large parchment paper and use a rolling pin to roll the dough out to a very thin even sheet the size of the tray. Once rolled out, remove the top parchment paper.
Bake the bran flakes for 45 - 50 minutes until completely dried out and crisp.
Remove from the oven and allow to slightly cool. When you can handle the bran, break it into small bite-size flakes. If you think it can use a bit more drying out, bake the flakes 5 to 10 more minutes until completely dry and crispy.
Cover and store in an airtight container for up to 3-4 weeks.

صحة و عافية


No comments: