Wednesday, February 23, 2022

Inspiration is Kaput: Need Your Suggestions



I am very proud of what MCW has become over 10 years. There is a treasure's worth of recipes archived and I consider myself one of the biggest users of the blog. Every time I want to make something, I'd open the blog and make it straight from there. Now I find myself in somewhat of an inspiration rut. Give me your suggestions in the comment section below of what you would like to see on MCW. To be fair, Iraqi carrot halawa and Iraqi chilli-fry are top on the list to make for literally years. Insha Allah I will come around to making them. I also just rounded off fifteen excellent recipes to share on alternate days during the holy month of Ramadan. Other than that, inspiration is so kaput that toast is currently my limit. Share with me your suggestions in the comments below; I look forward to seeing them. In the meanwhile, here is a photo pf a recent toast I managed with four ingredients: dried mushroom, cream, scrambled eggs, and sourdough bread. It was delicious, but there is a limit to how many toast recipes one can share on a single platform.




8 comments:

Amber said...

I would like if possible a dolma recipe with silic and the stalks and/or broad beans. Also, I find Iraqis occasionally like to eat Pakistani dishes/flavor ….

Maryam said...

Good suggestions; thanks Amber. The culinary influence of the Indian region on the Arabian Gulf is prominent.

Anonymous said...

Assalamu alaikum wa rahmat’Allahi wa barakatuhu,I always refer to your recipes,maa sha’Allah they are easy to follow,detailed and always turnout well for me,alhamdulillah.Bi tawfiq.Allah protect and preserve you.

Maryam said...

و عليكم السلام و رحمة الله
جزاكم الله خير
Your comment made me very happy. Thanks for taking the time to share!

Amber said...

You’re welcome. Also, a suggestion is something we call in my home city a jambalaya. It can be made with any kind of meat or seafood. Your website is my favorite for recipes ! Thank you for all.

Maryam said...

I've heard so much about jambalaya, I have got to recipe-test it now! ❤

Anonymous said...

Hello Maryam. Your blog is amazing! I always come here for easy-to-follow recipes and they always come out delicious. Since Ramadan is coming, I was wondering if you could please share a basic easy mohalabiya pots recipe. Keep up this awesome blog :)

Maryam said...

Thank you, you are very kind! I have 15 wonderful Ramadan recipes lined up to share during the holy month, one of which is the most sublime saffron baked custard that is so silky and unbelievably easy to make. I hope you'll like it. Otherwise, thanks for the suggestion, I'll add it on the to-do.