Sunday, August 16, 2020

Best of MCW 401-500


Time for a new Best of MCW compilation. This is a rather brief post compared to others preceding it, but there are some veritable gems to keep you inspired within. We're kicking off with some of the best marinated feta one can make; suitable for breakfast, snack, or a light-ish dinner, you can customize the flavors endlessly.
See part 1 and part 2part 3 , and part 4 of previous Best Of series.
 
Cauliflower sometimes gets a bad reputation and is a vegetable some hate vehemently. That is because they are likely to have experienced it made wrong. This is cauliflower salad is an instance where it is made so, so right.

Iraqi Aubergine Salad. You need to experience this explosion of flavors to believe the hype.

Apparently, even bad times can have fond components ingrained in one's memory. This broccoli soup made some bad times better.

Dating from my pre-tween years, this Swiss-French dish of hachis parmentier is a comforting favorite.

From Europe, to the European-Asian country of Turkey, these roasted tomato topped kebabs make for a great family meal.

No matter where I go, I carry Iraq in me. These rice kubbas were made for stews, soups, and tepsis. Make in great abundance to store in the freezer, making meal prep a cinch.

Using the aforementioned kubbas is this Iraqi Aubergine Kubba Tepsi.

Another recipe using the rice kubba above is my favorite Iraqi kubba yachni soup.

From yachnis to hamees, Iraq, I love you.

One of the most popular recipes on the blog with thousands of hits is this Iraqi Chicken and red rice.

Away from Iraq and into Greece, this is a Greek roast chicken we never get tired of.

Speaking of that Greek roast chicken, these pickled limes are a key ingredient.

Here, we hop over to China with this firecracker chicken.

I can't resist a good teriyaki. Can you?

This watermelon crush is on repeat come every summer.

Learning to make date molasses at home made me nostalgic as I remembered my dexterous mother making it way back in Iraq.

My aunt is also fondly remembered with these Iraqi date truffles. Version one, two, three.

In our household, creme caramel was one of the first desserts you learned to make as a young lady.

This is a refreshing jelly creamy dessert perfect for hot summer days.

This cherry mousse cake looks so refined but is so easy to make.

Apparently there is a huge fan club out there for banana cake, or bread as it is better known as. I feel I missed the memo because I can't see the hype behind it. Sure, it's good, but there are so many other things I'd prefer over it. This chocolate chip banana cake version one I can get along with.

Coffee flavored desserts are not for just anyone, but they are right up my street. These cappuccino cupcakes are wonderful.

I have a couple of chocolate mousses on MCW to cater for multiple purposes or situations, but this is the most decadent and a solid favorite by far.

Four ingredients, 10 minutes of hands-on time, and no-bake are what it takes to make this surprisingly classy and incredibly decadent oreo tart. Be sure to serve with slices of fresh banana.

صحة و عافية

No comments: