Tuesday, October 27, 2020

Best Of MCW 601-700

Time for another Best of MCW compilation. This part of the series has some truly bold flavors, highlighting diversity and creativity in cuisine.

We kick-off with this delectable Lamb Kofta with Tahini and Pom Chili Jam because it is nothing short of phenomenal. The more I advanced in age and experience, the more I grew to love the incorporation of fruit in savory dishes.

See also part 1 and part 2part 3 , part 4 , part 5 and part 6 of previous Best Of series.

Iraqi fried tomatoes for breakfast are an absolute treat.

Soft-boiled eggs were an integral part of my childhood when I relished over-salting them and over-stuffing it with bread before scooping up the resulting concoction with a tiny spoon.

Pomegranate quail is the second fruity-savory dish of this compilation. While we often had grilled quail in my youth, I could only fathom consuming their legs as the torso was to metallic for me. This changed that.

Here comes the third fruit savory: Iraqi fesenjun. Chicken braised in a sauce laden with pomegranate and walnut.

Iraqi cuisine isn't the only one notorious for its fruity mains. Morocco has also excelled at the game, albeit the use of dried fruit. This chicken with apricots and prunes is welcome any day to our table.

Taking a brief break from fruity mains, this classic chicken fillet in a mustardy mushroom sauce is a must try.

Honey, and not fruit, is the secret ingredient in this easy peasy ginger glazed salmon. However, technically this is an entry for the stir-fried capsicum rice noodles, which I have fond memories of spending almost an entire summer some twenty-odd years ago eating it.

I think this freekeh soup just might be my favorite. It can be thickened like a porridge, or thinned to almost a broth, or anywhere in between.

The movie nights we had with this pide were made...

The last of the fruity savories in this compilation might just be the easiest of all: lamb pomegranate bourag.

These haloomi-parsley bourags are a favorite for good reason.

Tuna pate was one of the earliest foods I remember making with my mother. I love it to this day.

Did you know some people are highly sensitive to poppy seeds? As delicious as these warm chicken sandwiches are, skip the poppy seeds if a pregnant woman is one of your guests.

The definition of healthy snacking, it really pays off to have a jar of this trail mix on hand. To boost the health factor, incorporate only raw nuts and no added sugar dried fruits.

Walnut kleicha just might be my favorite kleicha. With added mastic, it is unbeatable.

This Bahraini halwa was a club challenge and one of my better successes.

Fried flour in molten butter and oil poured over fresh ripe dates may sound strange but just try to stop yourself after you try this rangina.

I wish I had a fresh batch of these salted chocolate truffles very single week until I die.


Lemon affectionados these lemon poppy bars are a challenge for your taste buds...


Multiple separately prepared elements go into making this fruit cocktail, which is why I recommend making it in giant batches to serve a giant crowd to make it well worthwhile.

صحة و عافية




No comments: