Sunday, January 9, 2022

1627. Onion Relish Pickle


A couple years ago I attended a Qatari cuisine pop-up which I think I covered in a blog post here on MCW. Anyway, two things that stood out to me in that pop-up was the quinoa stuffed vineleaves and the onion relish pickle. Finally by complete happenstance, I came across the recipe and here it is for all to enjoy. 
One completely valid question is, how do you eat it? Well, it is the perfect accompaniment to many Arab-style dishes, from grilled meats, to stuffed vegetables, to even stews.



Ingredients:

1kg chopped red onion
1 Tbsp salt
1 tsp pepper
1 cup vinegar
1 cup date molasses
1 cup water



Method:

Fill a jar to the brim with the chopped onion. In a bowl, mix together the rest of the ingredients and pour over the onion jar. Seal well and refrigerate. The relish is ready after 24 hours.

صحة و عافية


No comments: