Tuesday, January 5, 2021

1493. Kubba Niya


I surprised myself with this one. I have enjoyed the occasional carpaccio, so it is an eyebrow-raiser that raw kubba (kibbe niya) intimidated me. But once I saw it combined with tabboula and fried potato sticks in a tiny bread wrap, I knew it was something I could conquer.
It really is in the combination, for me. I don't see me enjoying it as much by its lonesome. Little humans also gave it a go and it proved to be popular with them too.



Ingredients:

250g lean fresh beef mince
1/2 cup burghul
1 small red capsicum
1 green chilli
1/2 onion
basil leaves
1 tsp salt
1/2 tsp 7-spice
olive oil

To serve:
Lebanese bread
tabboula
fried potato
sliced radishes





Method:

Pour just enough warm water over the burghul to soak it. Allow to absorb and softer (5-10 minutes).
Blend the capsicum, chili pepper, onion, and basil leaves to a puree; add to the burghul.
Add the salt and seven spice. Finally add the fresh lean beef mince and using a gloved hand, knead everything very well together for several minutes to render a pink dough.
Pat the kubba into your serving dish and create indents using a fork and a spoon. Drizzle liberally with olive oil.
Serve with the bread, tabboula, fried potato, and sliced radishes.
Best made and consumed on the same day.

صحة و عافية

No comments: