Sunday, January 31, 2021

1504. Lebanese Potato Salad


This is a Lebanese potato salad that is so creamy from the sour cream with the best hit of tang from vinegar and pickles, that it deserved adding another potato salad to the blog. Whole grain mustard also add to the flavor profile, and being Lebanese, it has to have a generous addition of chopped fresh herbs.
While it is delicious any time of the year, it is a perfect accompaniment to bbq. Make sure to boil the potatoes until just fork-tender; do not over-boil to avoid a mashed potato salad.



Ingredients:

2 kg potato, rough chop
1 cup chopped cornichons
2 cups chopped parsley
2 spring onions, finely chopped
1/2 cup mayonnaise
1/2 cup sour cream
1 Tbsp whole grain mustard
1/3 cup white vinegar
salt and pepper




Method:

Boil the potato in salted water until just fork tender. Drain in a colander in the sink and let sit while you prepare the dressing.
In a giant salad bowl, whisk together the mayonnaise, sour cream, mustard, vinegar, salt, pepper, chopped cornichon, and chopped parsley.
Add in the semi-cooled potatoes and stir carefully to coat and combine.
Let sit at room temperature to cool.

صحة و عافية


4 comments:

Anonymous said...

I expect you can tell, as all my comments are appearing today, that I'm looking for inspiration for something to cook, and this is definitely getting included this evening! It reminds me of one of the most delicious soups I have ever tasted, which a Polish friend taught me how to make many years ago. It's made from grated brine pickled cucumbers, potatoes and onions with sour cream and crushed black pepper, almost like this salad. I love finding similarities in foods from completely different parts of the world that I wouldn't have expected. My Dad used to make a salad very similar to this so I am looking forward to trying your recipe. Thank you 🙂

Anonymous said...

Thank you thank you thank you! That brought back so many memories! Absolutely delicious. Thank you so much for such an excellent range of recipes.

Maryam said...

I hope it meets your expectations. It's an unparalleled feeling when the flavor of a dish triggers forgotten memories.

Maryam said...

I'm so glad! You're most welcome!