Monday, September 7, 2026

2070. Chicken Feet Broth


I've tried bone broth, the "express" 6-hour version, all the way to the 24-hour one. I've added the splash of vinegar, with and without aromatics, and I've something gotten the jiggly jelly, and sometimes not. I was not expecting the colossal success of the jiggly collagen jelly from chicken feet. For reasons that seem obvious to me, I've been avoiding the chicken feet. I took the plunge and my goodness, I got the jiggle after only 4 hours boiling and adding only bay leaves. The stray cats enjoyed the feet, while I reaped the benefits of the broth.


Ingredients:

500g chicken feet, cleaned
1 onion, quartered
bay leaves



Method:

In a large stock pot over medium high heat, put the chicken feet and onions.
Add water to about 3 inches from the top. Cover and let the water come to a boil. Cook for about 30 minutes at this roaring boil (lid askew).
Reduce heat to medium, cover, continue to add water and cook for another 4+ hours checking to see when water needs to be added.
When finished, remove any solids with a 'spider' spoon or slotted spoon.
Let the bone broth cool somewhat then use a mesh strainer and strain twice removing other small things.
Cool and either put in canning jars and refrigerate or into freezer bags to freezer.

صحة و عافية

No comments: