I have always loved dates, and with adulthood, my affiliation to it as an Arab and an Iraqi just increased my affection to it. As Iraqis, we consume dates in a myriad of ways. I have always considered the almost charred dates leaking from kleicha a treat, so it is a wonder I never thought of searing it. Well, better late than never, and seared dates most certainly deserve a post of their own. Whether it is to top your dessert, or as an added bonus before stuffing, it is worth the few extra minutes to elevate your date experience.
Ingredients:
Dried dates (mejdool)
olive oil
Method:
Slit the side of the dates to remove the pit and keep the fruit as one piece. Open it up flat. In a hot pan, sear the dates on both slides until lightly charred. Remove from the pan and allow to cool on a plate.
صحة و عافية

No comments:
Post a Comment